Thursday, August 03, 2006

We get Anna Lin's passport today!

Well things have moved along quicker than we expected. We are to get Anna Lin's passport today. Jane is working on that. The orphanage people bring it. We did not think the director was coming. Jane told us to stay in our room until around 12pm, so she could find us when we needed to sign paperwork. Well, we're waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally I called to see if we had time to go across the road to the minimart for noodles. Jane said yes and off we went. While leaving the lobby we saw our friend Kelly, chatted as we continued on our way. Once out of the building, Ric said he saw the director standing in the lobby watching us. ...Hmmm. We were a little puzzled at what to do and since we had no options but to go back to the hotel that is what we did. We figured if she approached us we would do our best and hope for the best with Lin Lin. (That is what we are calling her right now.) The director does not speak English, so we were feeling lost without our guide Jane.

In the lobby we did not see the director. I went to Kelly's room and Ric went to our room just in case she was there. Again, what are we to do or say since we don't have Jane. If she was there I would have Kelly's guide call Jane and we would go from there. However, Ric called me and said, "The coast is clear." Then he called Jane. Apparently since the last time we talked the director had contacted Jane and wants to see Anna Lin. So now Jane is on her way here and we will meet. Ric and I are very nervous. Very nervous at how Anna Lin is going to take it. Many people say that it is very emotional but it is also a turning point for the child, providing closure with the goodbyes.

...We'll see.

Angi

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All is well....and Angi, today is one whole page all by itself in the prayer journal. All of you are loved and the Lord will not fail you.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too nervous, I hit the wrong button and it says I'm anonymous. Well, I'm not...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home