When In Rome... Uh, I mean China...


Yes, I was told I must eat where the locals eat. As you can tell by the picture I did. Hey, we were the only caucasians in the place! It was good too! Tasted just like regular Pizza Hut pizza. And before you say anything the menu looked NOTHING like a regular Pizza Hut menu. We can't get squid toppings in the States. ( Zak, you would have liked that, your Mom got fried calimari and waffle fries.) I first looked at the menu and I thought, "Uh oh", but then I found the "American Pizza." Ah yes, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Let's see, since we've been in Guangzhou I've had two cheeseburgers with fries, two Coronas, and a pizza. But tomorrow it's Thai food so watch out. Two other families with our agency are goind to arrive tomorrow and we will be going out as a group to the "Cow and Bridge." I'm looking forward to it. We went shopping again today and it was a good day. AL was great. She only fussed a couple of times but for as long as she had to stand around she was really good about it. She's taking a nap right now while I do this in the dark. Not easy to type... At Pizza Hut she fussed at our guide Susan for eating pizza with Angi and I. She told Susan it was burnt... She thinks anything that is baked and not a noodle is burnt. AL made a yucky face and looked on in disgust. Pretty funny. Noah used to do that too with burgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill. Also with dark toast. AL's English vocabulary is growing every day. Today she said "noodle." We talked to the boys this morning and we showed her their picture and had her say "hello" to each one of them as they got on the phone. She did say "hello" and tried to say their names too. She also said "how are you?" We will probably go back to the playground later today. She really loves it there and had a great time on the slide the last time we went. We're still ready to go home and I'm not looking forward to the long plane ride back. AL get's motion sickness although she did OK when we gave her some dramamine on the last flight. She also refuses to put on a seat belt. I think that it makes her uncomfortable because of the motion sickness. I kind of suspected that when we first took her in the car from the way she acted. Because she didn't have a problem with the seat belt the first time in the car. We asked Susan to explain the seat belt thing after we got off the plane in Guangzhou and we will have her explain it again when we leave for the States. I am NOT looking forward to putting her in a car seat after the long trip back. Boys, please don't think this is all there is to her when she freaks out for being strapped in. Things will be different back in the States. If you could only see how we are riding around the cities without a seat belt on and the way they drive you would not believe it. Driving here is like being in a school of fish. I am not kidding. Not just cars. Pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, you name it they all share the road. But we have seen only one wreck while we have been here. It's amazing and I love to watch it. Oh, we went to Lucy's again last night and I had another cheesburger with fries and a beer, which I was scolded at again by AL for having, and we went for a walk along the boardwalk by the Pearl River. Very nice time. They have a very tall skyscraper that has a lighted changing billboard on one whole side. Very cool. They also do boat tours but I don't think we will do one with AL's motion sickness. We see lots of people around Shamain Island playing badmiton and hackey sack around the common areas. Very popular. Our guide Susan told us that badmiton and table tennis were very popular in China. They play badmiton without a net around here just like the Boys like to do in the front yard at home. Oh now I'm rambling and will go. Check the previous post. I uploaded a picture for it. Angi's slack. I think Angi should tell you about our official visit we had today...
- Ric

2 Comments:
Nicole said she can't wait until Aunt Angi and Ubcle Ric get back home so she can meet Anna Lin.
Take care see you soon
Kelly
Finally saw the video with Anna Lin and the fan dance. Loved hearing Grammy this evening. The boys and I went fishing again after work. Together we caught 24 fish for our little pond. All the boys caught fish. Give Ann Lin our love.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home