We're Leaving on a Jet Plane... (Sing it with me!)
Patricia from Harrah's called this morning with the news. She said we need to be in Anhui (Anna Lin's home) no later than Tuesday morning, Aug. 1st. We have a consulate appointment for August 10th. Now from this date we work backwards. We need to be in Anna Lin's province, meet her, she will stay at the hotel with us from then on, finish all her paperwork, get her passport, and a physical done for her by the 10th. We want to arrive in Anhui on Monday, the 31st of July in order to 'try' to get over jetlag, etc., before we meet her. We are planning on leaving next Saturday the 29th. We have the wonderful US flights to Los Angeles (about 5 hours total not including layovers.) then a straight shot to Guangzhou (12-15 hour flight??). Plus the time difference is 12 ahead of us in China. OK, I'm confused! Are you? But hey we'll get there and that is what counts. In a little over a week Miss Anna Lin will be our daughter. Wow!
I have done some shopping around online and found a great flight schedule from Orbitz.com for our US to China flights (called international flights). I then called Lynn at All American Travel, that works with Harrah's, to see if she can get us the same deal. She called a minute ago to check on a couple of details and said she will have some flights for me to look at in 30 minutes. Yeah! Lynn and Betty, another travel person connected with our agency, will handle our in-country flights and hotels (in China). Whew! This is a workout, just for my brain!
-Angi

1 Comments:
You better believe it Trina! We just can't handle being outdone. :-) I keep telling Ric that Anna Lin will need a little sister, but I just get a blank stare in return.
Angi
Post a Comment
<< Home